- 19.04.2018 The catalyst AOK-78-55 for selective reduction of nitrogen oxides has successfully passed pilot-scale tests on operation under conditions of hydrogen nitrate synthesis unit АК-72М
- 02.04.2018 Modelling in fluidized bed dehydrogenation processes
- 20.02.2018 Modernization of Technical Infrastructure
- 23.01.2018 Advanced Invention
- 22.01.2018 Interview of the General Director of “Katalizator” JSC has been published
- 29.12.2017 Happy New Year!
- 28.12.2017 General Director of JSC "Katalizator" was recognized as "Person of the year"
- 20.12.2017 The managers of JSC “Katalizator” took part in the conference organized by Gazprom Neft
- 15.12.2017 “Katalizator” JSC – “The best exporter of Novosibirsk region – 2017”
- 12.12.2017 “Katalizator” JSC hit TOP-5 in the Russia’s fast-growing companies national rating “TECHUP-2017”
- The investment project of “Katalizator” JSC received the “National” status
- The Government of the Russian Federation approved three flagship projects from Novosibirsk including a project of «KATALIZATOR», «Implementation of KIT (Catalysts, Engineering, Technologies) Technology Initiative»
- We would like to invite you for a meeting at the exhibition "KHIMIA-2017" which is held from 23 to 26 of October at the Fairgrounds Expocentre in Moscow.
- «KATALIZATOR» Special Design & Engineering Bureau at the 5th TECHNOPROM International Forum of Technological Development and STI EXPO Exhibition
- Governor of Novosibirsk Oblast visiting «KATALIZATOR»
- Our Company joins the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS project of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia
- 03.08.2015, Looking for a partners.
- 13.07.2015 Participation in V seminar sacred to the memory of Professor J. I. Ermakov.
- 22.06.2015. 45 company anniversary
- 10.04.2015 Conformity to international quality standards
- 30.03.2015 Low temperature shift catalyst carbon monoxide
02.04.2018 Modelling in fluidized bed dehydrogenation processes
The experts of Katalizator JSC have developed software for modelling fluidized bed hydrodynamics in dehydrogenation process, which allows quickly solving practical tasks of our customers. The software is unique in that it is based on a mathematical model that takes into account the catalyst circulation in the fluidized bed and models the dynamic distribution of the catalyst along the apparatuses heights.
In industrial paraffin dehydrogenation apparatuses, the hydrodynamic calculations are complicated due to the presence of distribution grids and constant circulation of a microspherical catalyst. Mathematical models applied in commercial software that can be used for CFD modelling often apply a model that does not allow for the catalyst circulation and, therefore, distorts the calculation, which may lead to design defects.
Unlike mathematical models where the fluidized bed exists under static conditions, the software developed by Katalizator JSC uses a model that is adjusted for the catalyst circulation and enables calculations and optimisation of both the fractional composition separately for each dehydrogenation unit and the design of sectioning grids, with allowance for the raw material feed rate, temperatures, and thermal expansions of internal structures. Based on the data from temperature and pressure sensors, the radial temperature distribution can be modelled, which enables predicting cases when inhomogeneous gas and catalyst displacement develops, i.e. bypassing. This effect is clearly noticeable in modelling when temperatures inhomogeneities are arranged vertically, as shown in figure. It can be seen that the raw material flow moves mainly along the left side of a dehydrogenation reactor, and a hot catalyst flows from the distributor largely down along the right and rear parts of the apparatus, thus delivering heat from the regenerator.
Regular audit along with modelling enables predicting and reducing the risk of such situations and also timely developing corrective measures to decrease the effect of bypassing and inverted mixing, which in turn increases production of isobutylene.
Modelling of fluidized bed hydrodynamics in dehydrogenation processes is an integral part of operational excellence. Currently, the Chemical Engineering Department of Katalizator JSC employs almost all methods for designing and optimising dehydrogenation reactors, which have been implemented in industrial production. We are always ready to provide prompt assistance to the enterprises in solving their challenges and keep further improving our methods for the consumers' benefit.
Author: Aleksey Kreiker
Editors: Galina Yastrebova, Roman Artemev, Anastasiya Tarasenko
 Computational fluid dynamics