- 10.07.2018 Fluidization in Catalysis
- 01.06.2018 Katalizator JSC became a winner of the regional and federal stages of National Award in the field of entrepreneurial activity “Gold Mercury”
- 28.05.2018 The solutions have been found for reducing temperature in homogeneities in isobutane dehydrogenation fluidized bed reactors
- 28.05.2018 THE COMPANY SPECIALISTS DEVELOPED A PACKAGE OF TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS TO OPTIMIZE THE HYDROGENATION PROCESS OF С3-С5 PARAFFINS IN A FLUIDIZED BED OF CHROMIA-ALUMINA CATALYST
- 26.04.2018 Katalizator JSC developed a new grade of catalyst for dehydrogenation of isobutane in fluidized bed
- 19.04.2018 The catalyst AOK-78-55 for selective reduction of NOx has successfully passed pilot testing on operation under conditions of nitric acid production AK-72 unit
- 02.04.2018 Modelling in fluidized bed dehydrogenation processes
- 20.02.2018 Modernization of Technical Infrastructure
- 23.01.2018 Advanced Invention
- 22.01.2018 Interview of the General Director of “Katalizator” JSC has been published
- 29.12.2017 Happy New Year!
- 28.12.2017 General Director of JSC "Katalizator" was recognized as "Person of the year"
- 20.12.2017 The managers of JSC “Katalizator” took part in the conference organized by Gazprom Neft
- 15.12.2017 “Katalizator” JSC – “The best exporter of Novosibirsk region – 2017”
- 12.12.2017 “Katalizator” JSC hit TOP-5 in the Russia’s fast-growing companies national rating “TECHUP-2017”
- The investment project of “Katalizator” JSC received the “National” status
- The Government of the Russian Federation approved three flagship projects from Novosibirsk including a project of «KATALIZATOR», «Implementation of KIT (Catalysts, Engineering, Technologies) Technology Initiative»
- We would like to invite you for a meeting at the exhibition "KHIMIA-2017" which is held from 23 to 26 of October at the Fairgrounds Expocentre in Moscow.
- «KATALIZATOR» Special Design & Engineering Bureau at the 5th TECHNOPROM International Forum of Technological Development and STI EXPO Exhibition
- Governor of Novosibirsk Oblast visiting «KATALIZATOR»
- Our Company joins the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS project of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia
- 03.08.2015, Looking for a partners.
- 13.07.2015 Participation in V seminar sacred to the memory of Professor J. I. Ermakov.
- 22.06.2015. 45 company anniversary
- 10.04.2015 Conformity to international quality standards
- 30.03.2015 Low temperature shift catalyst carbon monoxide
10.07.2018 Fluidization in Catalysis
The first largescale commercial plant using fluidized bed was developed by Winkler for gasifying the fine-grain coal. The process was patented in 1922. The first plant was 13 meters high with cross-section 12 m2 and was successfully operated, starting 1926. Winkler gasifiers were built mainly in Germany and Japan for production of syngas for the chemical industry. 
Before 1940, under the threat of the war outbreakin Europe and the Far East, the chemical engineers in the USA were forced to develop new methods of kerosene and light oil processing to meet the future huge demand for aviation gasoline. Thus, the development of fluidization for production of motor fuel components started. Currently, the fluidization technology is applied for catalytic cracking process at large refineries. 
Development and improvement of synthetic rubber production technology was the second important and operationally required process. At that time the Houdry process was employed, starting 1937. However, no sharp increase of production was offered by the process as the fixed bed of the catalyst was used and periodic shutdowns for regeneration were required.
Modification was considered necessary which resulted in a new process configuration including reactor and regenerator with two fluidized beds of large catalyst granules transported from one section to another by bucket conveyor (early gasifier) or by pneumatic conveying (modern gasifier).
Owing to above initial achievements, the fluidization attracted a great interest. Many emerging processes were patented and recorded in the literature. In the 1960-s, the process of monomer production for synthetic rubber applications via butane dehydrogenation was actively developed in our country. The first stage of above process employed a fluidized bed technology for the dehydrogenation process.
Currently, the scientific and commercial experience gained over decades, has given great impetus to the development and improvement of the process. KATALIZATOR JSC is engaged in manufacturing of high-performance dehydrogenation catalyst and succeeded not only in classifying the much of the operational background of the process, but also in offering updated solution approaches which are covered by 9 Russian patents.
1. Kunii D., and O. Levenspiel, Fluidization Engineering (Moscow: Khimiya, 1976). — 448 p.
2. Davidson J.F., D. Harrison, Fluidization. Transl. from English. / ed. by N.I. Gelperin (Moscow: Khimia,1974). - 728 p.
Author: Aleksey Kreiker
Editors: Galina Yastrebova, Anatoliy Sobolev, Anastasiya Tarasenko