- 26.04.2018 Katalizator JSC developed a new grade of catalyst for dehydrogenation of isobutane in fluidized bed
- 19.04.2018 The catalyst AOK-78-55 for selective reduction of NOx has successfully passed pilot testing on operation under conditions of nitric acid production AK-72 unit
- 02.04.2018 Modelling in fluidized bed dehydrogenation processes
- 20.02.2018 Modernization of Technical Infrastructure
- 23.01.2018 Advanced Invention
- 22.01.2018 Interview of the General Director of “Katalizator” JSC has been published
- 29.12.2017 Happy New Year!
- 28.12.2017 General Director of JSC "Katalizator" was recognized as "Person of the year"
- 20.12.2017 The managers of JSC “Katalizator” took part in the conference organized by Gazprom Neft
- 15.12.2017 “Katalizator” JSC – “The best exporter of Novosibirsk region – 2017”
- 12.12.2017 “Katalizator” JSC hit TOP-5 in the Russia’s fast-growing companies national rating “TECHUP-2017”
- The investment project of “Katalizator” JSC received the “National” status
- The Government of the Russian Federation approved three flagship projects from Novosibirsk including a project of «KATALIZATOR», «Implementation of KIT (Catalysts, Engineering, Technologies) Technology Initiative»
- We would like to invite you for a meeting at the exhibition "KHIMIA-2017" which is held from 23 to 26 of October at the Fairgrounds Expocentre in Moscow.
- «KATALIZATOR» Special Design & Engineering Bureau at the 5th TECHNOPROM International Forum of Technological Development and STI EXPO Exhibition
- Governor of Novosibirsk Oblast visiting «KATALIZATOR»
- Our Company joins the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS project of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia
- 03.08.2015, Looking for a partners.
- 13.07.2015 Participation in V seminar sacred to the memory of Professor J. I. Ermakov.
- 22.06.2015. 45 company anniversary
- 10.04.2015 Conformity to international quality standards
- 30.03.2015 Low temperature shift catalyst carbon monoxide
26.04.2018 Katalizator JSC developed a new grade of catalyst for dehydrogenation of isobutane in fluidized bed
Specialists of Science-Technological and Production Departments, Katalizator JSC developed a new grade of catalyst for dehydrogenation of isobutane in fluidized bed. Catalyst of this grade allows achieving higher yield of isobutylene and lower amount of coke formation during the catalytic process.
Constant improving quality of the produced catalysts is an important priority aimed for a company development. With this background as a result of research and pilot work a new grade of catalyst for dehydrogenation of isobutane into isobutylene in fluidized bed was developed. The using of this product leads to the higher yield of the end product – isobutylene, and to the lower amount of coke formation. Improvement of characteristics was observed both in standard and severe conditions. The last ones show the real conditions which are used during industrial operating of catalyst.
Especially higher regeneration temperature is interesting in the terms of parameter simulating severe conditions of catalyst operating. Indeed in the area of standard (650 °C) and higher regeneration temperature (700 – 730 °C) a new grade of catalyst shows a 3% higher yield of isobutylene (Picture 3) and lower amount of coke formation (Picture 2) within minimum 70 cycles.
Picture 1. The improved activity of new grade catalyst under standard and higher regeneration temperature, Tdehydrogenation = 590 °C.
Picture 2. Lower amount of coke formation while using of new grade catalyst under standard and higher regeneration temperature, Tdehydrogenation = 590 °C.
The detailed study of CO2 emission during the regeneration process of new and old catalyst’s grades shows not only difference in the amount of carbon dioxide (decreasing of area size under curve line for a new grade) but also qualitative difference expressed in absence of bend during 5.4 – 5.7 minutes for a new grade catalyst. Bend points on changing of coke produced on catalyst. It has influence on the efficiency of catalyst regeneration, i.e. more effective catalyst regeneration exercises under higher temperature. (Picture 3)
Picture 3. Comparison of coke burning-out curved lines from the old grade (left figure) and new grade (right figure) catalysts under standard and higher regeneration temperature.
Moreover, it is logically to assume that lower coke formation on a new grade catalyst takes place during dehydrogenation phase.
Therefore using catalyst of new grade in industry allows increasing isobutylene yield and decreasing part of operating costs connected with decoking.
Author: Alexander Kraynov
Editors: Galina Yastrebova, Roman Artemev, Anastasiya Tarasenko